Talk

Advanced search

wind/colic

(7 Posts)
selkitch Sun 09-Oct-11 19:12:02

my 5 week old baby cries ten mins after each feed and then constantly until next feed even when held he gets really bad wind and colic which wakes him up when he fallsasleep can anyone help I considering switching to formula if i thought it would settle him more ?help please

tiktok Sun 09-Oct-11 19:20:03

If your baby cries after feeding, maybe he is asking for another breastfeed? What happens if you keep him close after he seems to have finished and let him go on again when he looks as if he is getting unsettled/fussy?

selkitch Sun 09-Oct-11 19:27:46

he does it after a bottle also so i know its not a hunger issue he also cries whilst im still holding him

candr Mon 10-Oct-11 11:26:07

I have 4 weks old who has colic, worse in evening and night. We have started using Infacol before each feed as it helps him with the wind and the crying has eased a bit. Try gently rubbing tummy and warm baths seem to help. He breastfeeds during these bouts which also seems to help. Formula won't help (as can make him constipated) any more than your milk and if you can provide milk it will be better but if not don't stress. We also keep him upright for half hour after feed (bit of a killer at night for me but helps him therefore me get sleep)Hope things ease off soon.

MonkeeMummy Mon 10-Oct-11 13:20:03

If he cries after a bottle of formula(?) then presumably formula won't help him and formula-fed babies get colic, too. Might be worth feeding him in a dim, quiet room using the biological nurturing position. Tiktok can you provide a good link please... sorry, I'm still searching. This is a really 'laidback' way to feed and having their bottoms in the air and being able to stroke their back while feeding seems to really calm a colicky(?), cranky baby. Also worth checking out the Mumsnet link for 'crying, comforting and colic' if you haven't already. Best wishes.

tiktok Mon 10-Oct-11 13:22:49

Google is your friend, monkee - www.biologicalnurturing.com/ is the first hit when you search on 'biological nurturing' smile smile

MonkeeMummy Mon 10-Oct-11 13:25:54

Cheers Tiktok, and I think I just posted the link on a different thread - blush.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now