Talk

Advanced search

Infacol

(5 Posts)
CrazyAlien06 Sun 09-Oct-11 04:58:23

hi, LO is 11 days old and not settling at night. I have been up with her grizzling since 1am and am dead on my feet as I dont/can't sleep in the day sad
I think it may be trapped wind that she is grizzlig about, the mw told me to give her infacol but I have just read the packet and it says befor every feed. She probably won't feed for another 2 hrs, can I not administer it now or do I have to wait before the feed?

If I have to wait is there anything else I can do to aid her wind problem if that's what it is

Booboostoo Sun 09-Oct-11 07:26:23

Infacol takes a little time to work, you wouldn't see results immediately anyway (and unfortunately doesn't work for everyone, but it's worth a try!).

To relieve wind there and then have you tried placing the baby on her back, lifting her legs and fording them over her tummy? Or doing 'bicycle legs' again with her on her tummy.

candr Mon 10-Oct-11 11:27:54

We use it and it really helps, a squirt before feed (milk takes away taste as DS not keen to start with) seems easier to wind him and less discomfert.

MollyintheMoon Mon 10-Oct-11 11:33:04

Try holding her between your thighs so that her tummy is on one leg and her bottom on the other leg then jiggle or rub her back. This position always helped my DD, I think it was the pressure on her tummy that seemed to push the wind out.

tiktok Mon 10-Oct-11 11:46:59

Why do you think this is wind, crazyalien?

Babies of this age do sometimes grizzle and writhe at night - and in the day smile Usually the 'thing' that's bothering them is their need to be held close and not to be expected to sleep alone in a basket/crib, and they like to have the breast 'on tap' at all times smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now