Talk

Advanced search

7wo refusing bottle (expressed milk)

(6 Posts)
MrsBB1982 Sat 08-Oct-11 16:12:05

My DS is EBF until now (8 weeks tomorrow). Dont know his current weight but growing well. He generally goes 3-4 hours between feeds (demand) and sleeps from 7pm-6am with feeds at 2 & 4 am.

I wanted to start introducing the occasional bottle of expressed milk so He is used to them when I go back to work when he is nine months old. It also means I could occassionally leave DS with DH for a couple of hours.

Ive tried Tomee Tipee slow flow and NUK latex but neither have been successful. He just screams and wont swallow the milk so it spills out his mouth and makes him choke.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

MrsVidic Sat 08-Oct-11 17:20:35

I had same issue with 9 week dd until today! I followed advice on here saying just stock with 1 teat and your dc will have to learn, also try when they r v hungry

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 08-Oct-11 17:57:11

Mrs there is some advice here.

MrsBB1982 Mon 10-Oct-11 00:56:54

Bump
Hoping for some words of wisdom from MNetters to a tired mummy

hidinginthecupboard Mon 10-Oct-11 01:39:33

I have just sent you a waffly reply to your PM and also just realised how late it is so am off to bed! Will check messages tomorrow evening - hope you get some sleep.

MigGril Mon 10-Oct-11 10:40:12

Just keep trying with one type of bottle. They need to learn the different way to suck so may take a few trys. Best to get some one else to offer it while you are not there.

Plus don't panic if he woun't take a bottle, if your not going back to work untill he's 9months he can go straigh onto a free flow cup which you can intorduce at 4months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now