Talk

Advanced search

Infacol and constipation?

(4 Posts)
ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Fri 07-Oct-11 17:57:43

My DS is 15days old, FF with C&G stage 1. He takes 4oz every 3-5 hours. He really holds onto his wind and he cries and pulls his legs and arches his back so we tried infacol. After a couple of days the wind is much easier but since he has been on the infacol he has only done 1 poo.

The poo was soft and yellow as you'd expect so not constipation in the sense of a too firm stool just that there seems to be so much less. Before the infacol was introduced he was filling his nappy about 5 times a day. Does anyone have experience of this? Is this common with infacol? Feels like I've solved one problem but created another.

diyvspse Fri 07-Oct-11 21:02:47

I FF my DS and used infacol at each feed. We didn't experience any problems with poos, but surely all babies are different.

How long has he been on the C&G? Only asking because perhaps he was previously adjusting to the formula.

organiccarrotcake Fri 07-Oct-11 23:00:57

Infacol works by making gas bubbles smaller, and isn't supposed to affect the intestinal wall at all.

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Sat 08-Oct-11 10:16:24

He has been on the C&G since day 5.

I stopped using the infacol yesterday afternoon, and he has been bringing up wind ok since and did a huge poo since too. Perhaps just a happy coincidence confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now