Talk

Advanced search

Cough syrup for tickly cough whilst bf?

(4 Posts)
ZimboMum Fri 07-Oct-11 16:42:48

I have a 10mo ds who is due a feed at 7ish, then maybe once in the night and then 7 again tomorrow morning. I have an awful tickly cough that kept me up all night last night, meant ds was up for 2.5hrs as I kept waking him up when he fed with damn cough. Hot honey and lemon/lozenges aren't touching it, neither is glycerin. Am I able to take any tickly cough medicine? Otherwise I may just go mad. sad

Thank you in advance

TruthSweet Fri 07-Oct-11 17:36:45

Hope this helps Sorry for brevity!

ZimboMum Fri 07-Oct-11 19:05:10

Thank you so much!

Read through all the info, checked against the ingredients, decided I could take it, turned the box round to read dosage to be met with the words 'this medicine can safely be used during pregnancy and whilst breastfeeding'. Doh. I blame the fact I should have read the packet before flying into a coughing induced tantrum and cry for help pharmacist at boots who said I could only take lemon and honey glycerin when they do cough syrup specifically for tickly coughs in their own brand which I can take.

Today can only get better!

pearlgirl Fri 07-Oct-11 19:09:16

Thanks from me as well - as I sit here hacking away and trying not to disturb ds4 as he has his goodnight feed. Shall hope not to cough all night long.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now