Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

When can I expect my period back?

(16 Posts)
louby78 Fri 07-Oct-11 12:54:54

Not in a hurry to see it but just wondering. DS is 10 months. Exclusively BF for 6 months and probably on 4 feeds in a day with at least one at night. It's been wonderful having 18 months off but guess I should prepare myself for it's return soon!

bagelmonkey Fri 07-Oct-11 13:07:16

Sorry, don't know the answer, but really want to find out. I want my period back because I want to get pregnant again ASAP. Still BFing 8 month old 5-6 times per 24 hours though.

Trillian42 Fri 07-Oct-11 13:12:28

I got mine back exactly 24 months after my last one! So about 14mths after DD was born. The amount of BFing was similar to you too. I had phantom period pains on and off for about 8 weeks before it arrived, including some really bad ones for a week that I went to the doctor for, but when actual periods arrived they were fine - no heavier, no lighter and I went straight back to a 28 day cycle. Enjoy your time off!

Secondtimelucky Fri 07-Oct-11 13:23:11

I got mine back at about 9 months, roughly the time DD1 dropped night feeds. I'll have to see what happens this time as we're only at 4 months.

FeelMyWraith Fri 07-Oct-11 13:26:03

<hands op piece of string of unspecified length>

13 weeks it took with dd. She was feeding at least 2 hourly day and night. Was robbed.

AngelDog Fri 07-Oct-11 13:27:46

Useful info here. The range is 6 weeks to 42 months but it varies enormously between women as to how little feeding triggers their return, and can vary between different DC too.

I'm still waiting with 21 m.o. DS still feeding 6 or 7 times a day. I had the phantom pains for a week when he went on nursing strike at 13 months (he fed just 3 times a day for a fortnight) but they stopped once the strike was over and I've had nothing since.

MummyGemx Fri 07-Oct-11 14:11:01

My period returned 4 weeks after I gave birth to both my sons and I was breast feeding. So will soon see if the same happens with my little girl, who is 4 weeks on mondayand is also breast fed. So I think I was robbed! What makes it worse is that my cycle is normally 5 weeks long so thought i might get an extra week out of it! lol!x

nectarina Sat 08-Oct-11 14:48:46

Another robbed ebf-er - four months after birth, and feeding evry two hours.

rubyslippers Sat 08-Oct-11 14:57:12

8 months with dd

Was quite pleased with that!

SlightlyScrambled Sat 08-Oct-11 19:49:13

14 months with DD. We were down to about 4 or 5 feeds per 24 hrs.

Didn't actually get periods back but did get pregnant.

AnathemaDevice Sat 08-Oct-11 22:09:04

I was robbed too- came back at 9 weeks with DS, 8 weeks with DD. Both fed on demand, DS in particular was attatched to me almost constantly.

BertieBotts Sat 08-Oct-11 22:09:45

18 months for me!

CardyMow Sun 09-Oct-11 01:14:24

4 weeks with DD (ebf to 6mo), 6 weeks with DS1 (ebf to 4mo), 8 weeks with DS2 (who was only ebf for 1 month, then mix fed till 3 mo). DS3................................................................................................that's how long the piece of string is - DS3 is over 8mo, and still no period. Not that I'm complaining, mind you - it's just odd for me.

entropygirl Mon 10-Oct-11 09:44:25

I just got back on the wagon....dd is 4 months and still EBF. Although for me it happened after my first week back at work....I wonder if that had anything to do with it, although my dh sends me pictures to look at to help with the expressing! grin

I have an almost 14mth old and exclusively bf til 6mths and then still demand fed til 8mths then 3 feeds a day, cut down to 2 feeds a day a mth ago. I have had 2 periods - 1 about 3mths ago and another about 4wks ago so unsure if they are back properly yet as first one was more spotting and last one was very normal and used to have a 5wk cycle so will wait and see!

kimberlina Mon 10-Oct-11 15:52:34

Literally 5 d after my last BF. Had been down to once a day for over a month and not a hint of my period returning (no night feeds for about 3mo) and then I stopped when I went back to work (DD was 11mo) and then wham there it was.

But as you can see OP it varies massively

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now