Talk

Advanced search

Top tips for getting wind out of my 4 wk old ds....

(14 Posts)
LoveBeingAMummyAgain Fri 07-Oct-11 10:15:23

Ok so dd is now 3.5 yrs old and never had any trouble with wind once went started using infacol. Ds however is not finding it a help at all.

He rarely gets any wind up and really want to help him so what would you recommend? He is ebf and not sleeping well. My arm is literally ready to drop off from all the back rubbing so any advice welcome, thanks.

DrSeuss Fri 07-Oct-11 10:45:13

Either gripe water or
www.cheshiremum.co.uk/tag/tiger-in-the-tree/

LoveBeingAMummyAgain Fri 07-Oct-11 10:48:54

Was thinking about gripe water, mum says it worked for me grin

Mampig Fri 07-Oct-11 13:11:24

Hi- at night I bath my ds in a tummy tub and it brings up a load of wind I didn't know he had! Obv couldn't do this after every feed but great once a day!!

Secondtimelucky Fri 07-Oct-11 13:22:16

Don't want to sound stupid - but are you sure it is wind that's the problem? Lots of babies rarely get wind up, especially if they are EBF and not taking in much air.

If he's showing all the wind signs then, obviously, ignore me.

cmt1375 Fri 07-Oct-11 13:23:51

try walking him up and down the stairs, it shakes them just enough to help

zipzap Fri 07-Oct-11 14:23:26

Remember that their their intestines are long and wriggly and go around corners. Gas tries to go up so you need to move the baby around a bit for it to be able to escape. It's only the last nit that there's a straight up path for it to follow!

barelyutterly Fri 07-Oct-11 16:28:59

Once I discovered the method where you hold the baby upright facing outwards (his back against your tummy) with one hand across his tummy and the other supporting his bottom from undernearth, then gently jiggle him up and down, I never went back to rubbing and patting backs.

LoveBeingAMummyAgain Fri 07-Oct-11 17:55:44

Thanks to you all, lots for me to try. Yes signs if wind, infact had thought it was silent reflux but wondering mow if it is just wind blush

MadameCastafiore Fri 07-Oct-11 17:59:06

Stick the baby in a baby bjorn thing and do a selection of the ministry of funny walks down the road - XH used to do it with DD and it always worked.

Poppet45 Sat 08-Oct-11 22:50:00

I'd second the putting baby to your shoulder then walking up a flight of stairs. Miraculous but for the life of me I don't know why... shame we lived in a flat when DS was really tiny!

tiktok Sat 08-Oct-11 23:51:26

Why do you think he has problems with wind, though?

selkitch Sun 09-Oct-11 19:36:18

whats a tummy tub? is it suitable for a 5 week old baby?

Mampig Sun 09-Oct-11 19:53:15

It's a baby bath that looks like a bucket!! Simulates the womb as the water goes right up to baby's shoulders! I've used it from birth- in the early days it's a two person job but now he can sit in it upright and splash away. He loves it!! You can see demos on you tube- no clue how to link as on phone. Got mine off eBay.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now