Talk

Advanced search

Please help or I can't bf any more - BITING!

(3 Posts)
CardyMow Wed 05-Oct-11 19:56:13

I really want to bf DS3 (8mo) until he is at least 1yo. But he cut his top teeth just over a week ago (he has had his bottom teeth for a few months) - and the biting is getting unbearably painful now. There are NO warning signs. When he does it I have tried :

Pulling him in close so he can't breathe so has to let go - doesn't help because he bites down HARDER before letting go.

Trying to unlatch him - but this is not possible because he is biting down so hard that I cannot get my little finger between his gums to prise his jaw open.

I have screamed in pain - it doesn't make him let go, only bite down harder

I have tried pinching his nose so he can't breathe and has to unlatch - but, again, he bites down HARDER before he unlatches.

I am at the point where I would just give up - except for the fact that DS3 will NOT take ANY bottle or beaker - I have tried at least 5 different types of bottle and 6 different types of beaker/sippy cup.

Whenever I give him a bottle or beaker, he shakes his head, shouts 'NO' and throws it and yells for mik mik.

He doesn't eat much solid food - is BLW, and not overly interested in much other than bananas yet.

I don't have a partner to pass him over to to give him a bottle, am an LP, so when I try, he can smell the milk on me. And besides - even when Ex-P HAS tried to give him a bottle, DS3 won't take it from him either.

So I'm worried that if I give up BF, he still won't take a bottle, and will be screaming with hunger and I'm a softy and can't bear that! But equally, I can't bear having bleeding holes in my nipples either.

HELP ME!!!

CardyMow Wed 05-Oct-11 20:18:53

PLEASE! I am putting off doing his bedtime feed as I'm so worried about him biting me. I have at least 6 bite marks in each nipple, some where they have bled, all from today.

MigGril Wed 05-Oct-11 20:48:39

Sorry maybe a bit late but have a read hear for lot's of tips
www.kellymom.com/bf/older-baby/biting.html

If it's any consilation I've found with both mine that bitting tends to be a phase and often come's with the first few teeth. They soon learn they get no milk when bitting and it has always passed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now