Talk

Advanced search

Thrush - advice please

(4 Posts)
crazybutterflylady Mon 03-Oct-11 21:14:28

I have been diagnosed with thrush and given flucanazole, and daktarin cream for me, gel for DD.

I've read I need to clean toys/muslins etc. When do I do this? After the course of tablets etc or now? V confused as obviously DD will need to play with her toys over the course of the next weeks or so while I'm taking the course. Do I need to start sterilising her eating utensils as well as bottles now?

Also, I wear pads all day everyday because of the sensitivity of my nips...do I still need to boil my bras/bedsheets etc?

Thanks I'm advance for helping my confused state!!!

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 05-Oct-11 10:42:03

Don't know sorry crazy but hopefully this will bump for you.

peanutdream Wed 05-Oct-11 13:49:26

what a nightmare for you sad. thrush is a pain but can be dealt with. you just have to be a bit militant

wash everything in 60 degrees, now. towels, muslins, bras. be scrupulous about this
drink apple cider vinegar
eat grapefruit seed extract tablets
wash your nips and her mouth in bicarb of soda and cooled boiled water - a teaspoon in a cup ish
wash everything in hot water - toys in dishwasher?

glad you've been given fluconazole grin should sort it out. this leaflet helpful

http://www.breastfeedingnetwork.org.uk/pdfs/BfN_Thrush_leaflet_Feb_2009.pdf

good luck

nightshade Wed 05-Oct-11 18:51:18

keep an eye on your diet also, excess sugar, processed foods can also stimulate thrush.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now