Talk

Advanced search

Currently EBF 5mo- thinking of eventual drinking from a cup, any advice or experience?

(6 Posts)
orchidee Sat 01-Oct-11 20:03:41

Five month old EBF baby - no bottles, but he'll be drinking from a cup/beaker at some stage. So, any tips- when, how, what (bm, water)?

Seona1973 Sat 01-Oct-11 22:41:25

mine were formula fed but I introduce water in a lidded free-flow beaker when I started them on solids which in ds's case was around 5 1/2 months

Mummawummadooda Sun 02-Oct-11 13:12:33

Doidy cup. I started with a sippy type lid on my event phillips bottles which I still use when out and about. I then use a doidy at mealtimes with a little bit of water in (mineral/bottle) or boiled cooled water. I haven't bothered putting milk in it. It works quite well, long wet road though. Rather good fun!

Mummawummadooda Sun 02-Oct-11 13:12:49

I started at 6mths.

StarlightMcKenzie Sun 02-Oct-11 13:18:12

Tommee tipee. No valve. To teach the sipping action and then onto open cup.

mawbroon Sun 02-Oct-11 17:28:49

I put both mine on to an open cup at 6 months for a little drink of water with meals.

Neither had a sippy cup at any stage and quickly got the hang of doing it themselves. I just used a little bit of water so that if they tipped the cup up, it wasn't a big deal.

I also taught both of them fairly soon after to drink from a bottle, you know they type that you would buy bottled water in. Handy if we were out and about for longer than expected.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now