Talk

Advanced search

Leaking the odd drop of milk nearly 2yrs after finishing feeding!?

(4 Posts)
bumbums Sat 01-Oct-11 08:47:47

Hi, not sure if this is the right place to post but. . .
As the title says its nearly 2 yrs since I stopped feeding my youngest. I'm mid cycle and (whilst braless in my PJs) I can feel the occasional drop of milk(?) wetting my nipple. Also if i milk my breasts i can get a few droplets out. Only very small ones but still.
What I want to know is, is this normal?!

I watch embarrassing bodies in the week and there was a man with lactating breasts and they said he had a tumor on his pituitry gland!

MigGril Sat 01-Oct-11 12:10:28

Yes it can be normal, if you have BF a baby you can relactate by just pumping and nipple simulation.

It may be worth a trip to the doc's just to get it checked, but chances are there is nothing wrong.

bumbums Sat 01-Oct-11 14:55:48

Thanks MigGril.

TruthSweet Sat 01-Oct-11 15:43:33

The thing is the more you 'fiddle' with your breasts/nipples the more milk you will make.

Definitely worth getting it checked out at the GPs just to rule out anything but also worth being hands off a bit as the more you check to see if there is milk the more milk your breasts will make.

Might also be an idea to pee on a stick just to make sure your last period wasn't an implantation bleed (sorry if I'm suggesting this and you have had a hysterectomy or DH has the snip or another reason why there is no chance of being pg). Just a possibility (and a more likely one than a pituitary gland tumour if you are having sex) grinwink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now