Talk

Advanced search

bf supply issues

(3 Posts)
sadalot Fri 30-Sep-11 22:02:32

i have bf my ds2 for 5 1/2 months and weaned over to ff in the daytime and bf in the nightime. I wonder how will i be able bf in the night until my milk dries up? has anyone else done this?

RIZZ0 Fri 30-Sep-11 23:43:38

Just quickly, what's the exact question? You say how will you "be able to BF in the night", to which the answer would be, however you usually bf grin but I'm guessing that's not what you meant!

Do you mean how long will you be able to continue feeding in the night until it dries up?

If that's it, then it would depend on how many feed you're doing and how strong you supply is. If like me, you went down to one feed, when your supply wasn't huge, IME it was a couple of weeks, tops. Although it came back again briefly and went again.

You need a certain amount of feeds to keep you supply going which will vary I imagine from person to person.

Do you want it to dry up? Are you weaning?

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 01-Oct-11 16:49:09

sadalot not sure sorry as but have you called one of the helplines? A BFC might be able to tell you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now