Talk

Advanced search

16 month old DS started feeding regularly through the night.....

(5 Posts)
vanillagorilla Fri 30-Sep-11 21:41:23

DS has been an ok sleeper, from a decent age (after 6months or so) managed to sleep through the night. Usually from 8pm til about 4.30pm. The last month though has been waking him and the only thing that will settle back down is having a feed. Is this just for comfort or could he actually be hungry?? I am going back to work next week, and this is just awful timing to be honest. I want to start weaning him off breast milk too but he he only sips cows milk, he never drinks a beaker full or anything. He does eat plenty of cheese and yogurt etc but I am really ready to stop now, I just don't see how!

TIA

AngelDog Fri 30-Sep-11 22:42:53

He could be working on the 75 week developmental leap.

Or it could be hunger / thirst / need for reassurance from you.

If it's the developmental thing it should calm down once he gets to 75 weeks or so.

Does co-sleeping work for you?

Have you tried getting your DH to resettle?

I can't give any advice on the general weaning issue, I'm afraid though.

imissbluesky Fri 30-Sep-11 23:04:08

I've had the same problem. DD will drink water and then ask for milk. She won't settle until she has had a feed. Have no advice just hoping it passes quickly as I am as tired as I have ever been.

Angeldog what is the 75week developmental leap?

AngelDog Sat 01-Oct-11 08:03:52

You can read about the 75 week developmental leap here.

vanillagorilla Sat 01-Oct-11 11:12:50

thanks for replies both, Yes Angel - we have ben co-sleeping as required for 16 months or so now! He starts off in cot, and it has been wonderful to wake up and realise he has slept through, otherwise he ends up in our bed so i can at least doze. DH then decamps to spare room - he has to get up early for work Dh has tried to settle him too, but he just wants me and only me. Will have a read on the 75 week thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now