Talk

Advanced search

I don't feel a let down, normal or not?

(14 Posts)
Lollyheart Fri 30-Sep-11 10:20:29

Ds is 8 days now, ebf.
Is it normal to not feel a let down? I worry he isn't getting much milk.
He has lots of wet and dirty nappies so getting something.

CharCharGabor Fri 30-Sep-11 10:21:51

Yes, it's perfectly normal not to feel the letdown, lots of people don't. As long as you see plenty of wet and dirty nappies he's getting enough milk. Congratulations smile

Scaredycat3000 Fri 30-Sep-11 10:59:08

I never felt let down and my DS fed so well he didn't lose any of his birth weight, which is so unusual the Midwife weighed him twice just to check! I fed until 20 months with no problems.

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 30-Sep-11 11:06:14

I very, very rarely ever felt a let down and fed two chubby milk monsters for 2.8 years each.

If you are getting plenty of wet and dirty nappies then you can be sure there is enough milk going in. Don't just take my word for it though, there is some info here so that you can see for yourself. Thought you might like to read this too.

Congratulations on your lovely new baby and it sounds like you are doing a fab job to me smile

TruthSweet Fri 30-Sep-11 14:04:52

I've only had one felt let down and I've been bfing since 2006 (3 DDs!) and that was whilst pumping not bfing direct.

Emzar Fri 30-Sep-11 16:37:30

Yep, me too, never even slightly felt a let down and currently feeding a very chubby 5 month old bruiser. smile It always weirded me out a bit too, as I kept reading about it, but it's never caused us any problems.

eightyone Fri 30-Sep-11 16:59:13

I didnt until after a month or so.

Secondtimelucky Fri 30-Sep-11 20:29:43

I never did with DD1. Weirdly, I do most feeds with DD2.

ArthurPewty Fri 30-Sep-11 20:31:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AyeWhySWIM Fri 30-Sep-11 20:34:19

Never feel a thing and have a gorgeous chubby 5mo ds! I just love hearing the furious gulping for confirmation he's having a lovely feed smile

haloflo Fri 30-Sep-11 20:51:01

I didn't feel mine until about 3 weeks in, then I did (rather painfully) until about 12 weeks.

Lots of wet and dirty nappies sounds good. Congratulations on your DS smile

thefurryone Fri 30-Sep-11 20:57:56

Totally normal for me, been BF for 5 months and never felt it once. Congratulations.

RitaMorgan Fri 30-Sep-11 21:01:42

I didn't feel it til a couple of weeks in (then I really felt it - and often only in the boob I wasn't feeding from weirdly enough!). A friend of mine never felt it and never leaked - and was quite bemused when I mentioned it grin

Greythorne Fri 30-Sep-11 21:24:35

4 years of bfing and never felt letdown.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now