Talk

Advanced search

What cute things do your little ones do whilst feeding (bottle or BF)?

(32 Posts)
mancinleics Thu 29-Sep-11 12:48:42

My 5 month old has just started blowing raspberries on me whilst she's BFing and if she enjoys that she'll start laughing hysterically for a few moments then carry on feeding. It's sooo cute.

What cute things do your little ones do whilst feeding (bottle or BF)?

buttonmoon78 Thu 29-Sep-11 12:50:57

DS1 used to pat my breast when he was feeding. When we changed to bottles he swapped to patting my hand.

I'm welling up a bit at the memory blush. DS2 is too busy being refluxy to have nice little calming rituals and I'd forgotten how lovely they were.

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 29-Sep-11 13:07:20

DD used to play with my earlobe whilst bfing. Recently she's started school and is very tired, although her bfing days are long over she's started playing with my earlobe again in the evenings when she's exhausted.

EauRouge Thu 29-Sep-11 13:15:57

Mine giggle at each other for no obvious reason (my DDs I mean, not my boobs, though that would be impressive). DD1 sometimes hums a little tune. DD2 at the moment is going through a hair-pulling phase and sometimes DD1 will wrap her arms protectively around her head grin

HaemophilusAphrophilus Thu 29-Sep-11 13:17:07

My almost 4 month old has taken to coming off the breast after the first few sucks, smiling up at me and 'talking'. He then carries on to finish the feed. I like to think he's paying his compliments to the chef.

Trillian42 Thu 29-Sep-11 13:20:32

DD runs her hand up and down my tummy if tired and pokes my belly button if playful. Very cute smile

mancinleics Thu 29-Sep-11 14:16:39

Haemo - DD does that sometimes too, but when the milk slows down and she's impatient for the let down she pulls off and shouts as if to say 'Oi! I haven't finished yet!' if that doesn't get things going she headbutts my boob. My DH says she's just like me, aggressive when she doesn't get her own way!

MotherPanda Thu 29-Sep-11 14:20:43

DD always cuddles my boob - one hand over and one under - fingers spread out. DH reckons it's her marking her territory "No Daddy, this is my milkies."

MotherPanda Thu 29-Sep-11 14:21:30

EauRouge - loving the giggling breasts!

mancinleics Thu 29-Sep-11 14:27:49

Ooooh who owns the boobies is a sore point in my house. DH has started to tease by DD saying 'they're on loan to you but Daddy's getting them back soon'. Whatever, me and DD know she's having them as long as she wants them and then Mummy is having them back to wear pretty underwear again!

My friends LO taps his own leg when he's having his bottle. He's gonna be a drummer for sure.

MotherPanda Thu 29-Sep-11 14:37:47

God - will I have to stop breast feeding AND get a divorce if I want my breasts back? Sounds like a lot of effort.

mancinleics Thu 29-Sep-11 14:42:34

MP - my nephew (aged 7) still claims my sister's boobies are his despite not BFing for 5.5 years. Typical man.

SheWhoMustNotBeFlamed Thu 29-Sep-11 14:44:49

Does farting like a train count?

HandMini Thu 29-Sep-11 14:58:44

Cuddles my boob, one hand each side with little pudgy fingers splayed out, or sometimes I hold her "top" hand. BLUB! I love it. Might have to wake her from a nap and feed her right now. Sorry, but hormonal.

WeAreBorg Thu 29-Sep-11 16:45:48

DS (7mo) likes to put his hand in my mouth and pull at my lower lip until I say ow! Then laughs hysterically.

His latest "discovery" is to pull off after the let down, squish my boob and get sprayed with milk. He thinks it's brilliant and looks round to check other people have seen. It's pretty embarrassing, am probably going to stop feeding in public soon!

weareborg - glad its not just mine that does the pulling at my mouth thing he started at around 7-8mths and still at 13mths finds it funny not matter what i do tried sucking his finger, pretending to bite it, claping my mouth shut he still crams it in there and finds it sooo funny.

WombOnTheBroom Thu 29-Sep-11 20:47:00

DD (9 weeks) has just started chuckling when she sees my boobs or hears me unclipping my bra. Melts me every time.

WeAreBorg Thu 29-Sep-11 21:57:22

eastmidlands grin. Yes, sucking his fingers makes him crack up even more! If I clamp my mouth shut he waves his hand around and slaps my mouth until I open it. Bless, they're lovely aren't they.

ledkr Thu 29-Sep-11 22:10:52

borg thats weird cos Dilly has been reaching up to her teat and squeezing that so it goes everywhere,ive never seen anyhing like it before.She also grunts all the way through a feed,very embarassing in public.

ellesabe Fri 30-Sep-11 08:03:35

My dd twiddles the bow on the front of my bra smile

Paschaelina Fri 30-Sep-11 08:41:43

The Boy sees my boobs when dressing, on the loo, in the bath, his little eyes light up and a big cheesy grin appears. It's all I can do to fend him off sometimes grin

barleycorn Fri 30-Sep-11 10:27:31

My 6 day old comes off the breast and smiles a little sleepy milky smile to herself, it's sooo cute <not listening if anyone says it's only wind>.

Ds was bottle fed, and from about 4 weeks old used to give a funny kind of deep throated chuckle whenever the bottle made an appearance. He's still v keen on his food now!

33goingon64 Fri 30-Sep-11 11:15:03

DS 7mo keeps coming off with a big suction noise and looking up at me in wonderment, like 'my God, mummy and milk in the same place! Who would have thought it?'

mahaliha Fri 30-Sep-11 14:48:39

6mo DD likes to come off, look up at me with a beam of pure delight, and then latch back on again still beaming. We had lots of problems breastfeeding in the early weeks but one of those beams makes it all worth it.

kellieb7 Fri 30-Sep-11 21:37:02

DD (9 months) - when she has being very busy and hasn't fed for a while will latch on and say "nomnomnom" whilst holding my boob really tightly, it really is the cutest thing ever grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now