Talk

Advanced search

Bf and flu jab

(7 Posts)
Queenkong Thu 29-Sep-11 07:03:54

Does anyone know whether it is advisable to get the flu jab while bf? Or is it a no-go?

ForYourDreamsAreChina Thu 29-Sep-11 07:11:08

Are you on one of the recommended lists for flu jab?

Queenkong Thu 29-Sep-11 07:18:55

No I don't think so, but I have been offered it (and usually have it through work) so was wondering whether I should get it this year too.

tiktok Thu 29-Sep-11 08:32:57

www.breastfeedingnetwork.org.uk/drugs-in-breastmilk-information-and-factsheets.html and click on Flu Injections.

Generally speaking, something given by injection is not going to affect the baby - injections are given because their active components don't work orally. That seems to apply to flu injections, too, from the factsheet.

MotherPanda Thu 29-Sep-11 10:29:59

i would say it's fine - it's even given to pregnant people now, so cant have a bad effect on the baby.

horribledinners Thu 29-Sep-11 10:33:31

I had it last year while pregnant. I hope I'll be offered it this year (as required by my work) and I'm BFing. I'd hate to get flu and pass it on to my baby, whichever way

EauRouge Thu 29-Sep-11 10:58:28

I had it last year because I was pregnant, I looked into it because I'm tandem feeding and didn't find any info to say that I shouldn't.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now