Talk

Advanced search

sore boob

(5 Posts)
hsey Wed 28-Sep-11 22:10:43

I have one sore boob, its mainly around the nipple area although I am getting shooting pains, not all the time but worse in the evening when ds cluster feeds. I noticed a yellowish s pot (tiny) on the nipple. Looks like it might be a tiny blister. I don't feel unwell. Any advice please. I am still feeding from that breast which is painful when I start to feed but gets better then pain comes back later in the evening ? ? What do you think it is and how can I make it better ? Thanks

Tryharder Wed 28-Sep-11 23:34:01

Could it be a tiny cut that has become infected? Or thrush [clutches at straws]?

I think you need to see a bf consultant or your GP to get it checked out properly.

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 29-Sep-11 11:05:29

How are you today hsey? Have you seen the GP? If not I'd get an appointment as you may need antibiotics and also phone one of the helplines to talk through your symptoms.

Does it sound like either of these?

hsey Thu 29-Sep-11 11:29:16

Hi thanks for the links, it sounds a bit like a blocked duct, its fine at the moment but did hurt when I fed earlier. Do I need to go to the g.p for a blocked duct ? I also woke up with a sore throat this morning but both my D.S's have had colds so I am hoping its that and not the first signs of mastitis. If it gets any worse I will call to make an appointment, will also speak to my friend who has completed her b.f training recently and see if she has any ideas. Thanks for the advice.

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 29-Sep-11 11:33:23

A blocked duct won't need antibiotics but it could be the start of masitiis, it can return if your last course of antibiotics wasn't long enough.

Glad you've got a friend who is a BFC, thats very handy smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now