Talk

Advanced search

1 month old-how long per BF session?

(4 Posts)
LittleOne76 Tue 27-Sep-11 17:19:08

My DS feeds quote often and lasts about 10-15 min a feed now. Usually on one side. He's pooing and wreong okay so I'm not too concerned but was wondering what kinds of times are out there. He had a strong suck and milk often goes everywhere...

What kind of time do you average? Per session?

FormbyDoula Tue 27-Sep-11 18:12:04

With my first babies they fed for 10-20mins each feed, about 3 hours apart, but then more often in the evenings (cluster feeds) and one feed in the night too. Sounds like your DS is doing great!

FormbyDoula Tue 27-Sep-11 18:12:35

They only fed on one side too cos they were twins ie one boob each smile

DoodleAlley Tue 27-Sep-11 18:23:52

Oh DS took aaaaaggges. We'd regularly be tied up for a total of 45 mins and sometimes an hour and he was def feeding not just comfort sucking. I'd have killed for fifteen minute feeds!

That said we lasted til over forteen months til he suddenly decided it was time to go it alone without the breast feeding! They did get a bit faster eventually.

Babies are all different so if it's working for the pair of you and he's putting on weight ok I wouldn't worry. It's hard enough with a one month old without adding worries on! Well done for making it this far!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now