Talk

Advanced search

Anyone using Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature?

(3 Posts)
chipmonkey Tue 27-Sep-11 00:13:41

dd is in SCBU after being born 12 weeks early. She is now nearly due to go homesmile and I am hoping to breastfeed but she has so far not latched very well. So we are going to persist and I am giving her breastmilk in TT Closer to Nature bottles as I felt that her "latch" looked a bit better with them than other bottles.

However, I do find that she drinks most of the milk and then there is a tiny bit left at the end, which, no matter how long she sucks, stays in the bottle. It's only a little bit so not all that important but I am wondering whether other people find this with these bottles or does a bigger, full-term baby manage to get all the milk out?

AJH2007 Tue 27-Sep-11 05:59:44

There's always a bit left - don't worry about it. I think it's the shape of the bottle. Don't try to give your little one every last drop or she'll end up sucking down air. Congrats!

chipmonkey Tue 27-Sep-11 11:05:12

Thanks, AJ!
I did wonder. Am not terribly used to bottlefeeding either as all my boys were bf and if they did get a bottle, it was given by someone else so I feel like a novice even though she's my fifth baby!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now