Talk

Advanced search

Gone back to work and 15mo suddenly wants to BF all the time when I am home!

(3 Posts)
cheeseandmarmitesandwich Mon 26-Sep-11 10:27:46

I went back to work 3 days about a month ago. My 15mo was down to 2 BFs a day (morning and night) and I thought the transition of me going back to work would probably mean a natural end to BF without much heartache.

Instead the opposite is happening! As soon as she sees me when I come in the door she is pulling my top and demanding to be fed, and on the days when I am at home she is wanting to BF all the time.

I get it, she's feeling insecure and wants the comfort again - and she's not settling that well at nursery, which makes me feel awful. But seriously my nipples feel red raw today, it's like I've been BF a newborn all night (except one with a killer suck and teeth!)

Will this just settle down in time as she gets used to me being at work? I'm at the stage now where I am realdy to give up, but I don't want to cause her any unnecessary heartache and want the transition to be as easy as possible. Any tips??

EauRouge Mon 26-Sep-11 10:53:17

Yep, sounds like reverse cycling and I think it's quite common. I'm sure it will settle down in time. You could try spending as much time together as you can when you get home, maybe taking a bath together or doing a bit of baby massage will help her feel more secure. Is she taking much milk during the day? Are you pumping or is she having formula?

cheeseandmarmitesandwich Mon 26-Sep-11 11:00:50

Haha, it's funny you should say that we had a bath together this morning (she also hates baths so this was my attempt to get her to like it!)

During the day when I'm not there she has cows milk in a cup occasionally but not much. She's never taken a bottle. She does however eat anything and everything including lots of dairy. So I don't think it's hunger, I don't think I've even got that much milk left anyway!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now