Talk

Advanced search

When did you get measured for nursing bras?

(4 Posts)
BelinaTheChicken Sun 25-Sep-11 20:25:38

DS2 is two weeks old, and so far I've been making do with the scabby old bras from when I was feeding DS1, but they are barely covering me! Do you think it's safe to get measured and splash out on some shiney new bras? Would be nice to be able to pick toys up from the floor without my norks escaping!

marriednotdead Sun 25-Sep-11 20:47:21

Now is a fairly good time. Try to get it fitted as tight as you can comfortably bear in the band as your back will get smaller. Your boobs will probably settle to slightly smaller over the next couple of weeks too so don't give yourself too much extra cup room unless you have a tendency to balloon when a feed is due.
It's worth getting decent ones- you'll hate them if they go out of shape after a few washes and make you look droopy! smile

Trillian42 Mon 26-Sep-11 12:41:09

As marriednotdead said, but I'd add a vote for Anita underwired ones! Yes underwired are fine once they fit properly and make such a difference if you're bigger than a C cup. Having a proper bra makes you feel like you're back to normal again I found (or at least getting there!).

BelinaTheChicken Mon 26-Sep-11 18:08:27

I'm definitely going for underwired, hated my boobs when I was feeding DS1, had a really attractive shelf-like affair, as I was a 32H at my biggest shock

Will get myself into town tomorrow, thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now