Talk

Advanced search

Does ds have silent reflux?

(5 Posts)
LoveBeingAMummyAgain Sat 24-Sep-11 20:59:47

Ds is only 17 days old but am wondering if he has silent reflux. He has lots of hiccups, his breath smells like he's been sick but he never is, he really objects to lying down but will go to sleep as soon as he is upright on my chest/shoulder, also wants to have a couple of sucks to nod off.

I bf dd for 8 mths and it does seem different. He even doesn't get hardly any wind up, bobs on and off the boob but has put loads of weight on.

So all normal or silent reflux?

Tia

LoveBeingAMummyAgain Sat 24-Sep-11 21:13:04

Ok I have wedged some books under the top if the Moses basket stand and he has gone off ok, it can't work that quick can it????

LoveBeingAMummyAgain Sun 25-Sep-11 05:01:12

So I have found these to be the most common signs

Crying in pain
Discomfort when feeding (arching, screaming, refusal, turning away)
Fussiness
Runny nose
Frequent vomiting or spitting up
Foul breath (smells acidic)
Chronic Cough
Night-time cough
Poor sleep habits, frequent waking
Wet burps
Hiccups
Comfort feeding- constant feeding to alleviate pain
Food intolerances
Hoarse voice, sore throat
Poor Weight gain

And ds has got 6 of them shock

Tilting the bed hasn't been quite the magic cure I'd hoped for sad any more ideas? Guess first call is the gp?

Mollcat Sun 25-Sep-11 07:30:39

I'm very new to this reflux "lark" (though I suspect my baby isn't looking back at when various symptoms appeared), but yes, first call is the GP. If it's really bad today try out-of-hours but if you can hang on and your GP is likely to be sympathetic I'd wait as continuity of care could be quite useful in managing reflux.

Sorry, not an expert but hated to see your posts hanging there as I'm going through the same thing atm. Hope that helps.

Have you looked at the reflux support threads (both still on the front page I think)?

LoveBeingAMummyAgain Sun 25-Sep-11 07:41:37

Thanks mollcat grin wasn't getting too down about no replies anyone with experience was dealing with their babies!

It was quite useful to write things down. Ice had a quick look at the support thread and found even more symptoms that ds has got, guess that's a good thing.

I am gonna wait to see gp in Monday I think. Ice spoken to dh, who was out last night during my realisation of exactly what is wrong and ge agrees.

Thanks again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now