Talk

Advanced search

11 week old - what is normal?

(3 Posts)
snowchick1977 Sat 24-Sep-11 19:40:28

Is anyone breastfeeding at 11 weeks and can advise as to the following:

- are you in any routine yet? My dd feeds every 2 hours still, even through the night?

- how long are your little ones sleeping for?

My dd is 11 weeks tomorrow and ebf, but just started to introduce one formula feed and currently trying different teats etc.

Just feel like we are not in any routine yet?

EauRouge Sat 24-Sep-11 19:46:11

The range of 'normal' is pretty broad. Experts are united that BF works best if done on cue so you don't need to worry about a routine if it won't suit you. Have you read much about mixed feeding?

It's normal for an 11 week old to feed through the night as well smile Is she gaining weight OK and does she seem healthy?

RitaMorgan Sat 24-Sep-11 19:50:34

Do you want to be in a routine? If she's feeding every 2 hours then that is a routine grin

I found ds was more in a routine at around 4-5 months, but that was more because I got on top of his napping, and feeds fell in around that - but still about 2.5 hourly in the day.

As for sleep, ds was actually doing at 8 hour stretch at that age, 7pm-3am. Unfortunately at 18 weeks he started waking every 45 minutes though, and didn't do an 8 hour stretch regularly til 9 months-ish. He only sometimes sleeps 8 straight hours now at almost 14 months (he is in bed 7.30pm-6.30am, he just wakes once or twice most nights!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now