Talk

Advanced search

Number of feeds at 11 months old

(3 Posts)
HappyAsASandboy Fri 23-Sep-11 09:02:41

I am still breast feeding my 11 month old twins, but the number of feeds has dropped to 3 or 4 per day - bedtime, one or two in the night, and at about 6am.

They are eating 3 proper meals a day, at least one of which is cereal made up with stage 1 formula, and normally a few snacks too. They very rarely ask for a breastfeed in the day (normally only if they get upset and overtired), and if I offer, they are not interested.

They don't take water or milk from a bottle or sippy cup - they just think the teat/spout is good for chewing. They'll sip from an open cup, but then giggle and let it fall out down their fronts. I don't think more than a teaspoon does down.

TBH, this pattern suits me fine. They're going to be with grandma/at nursery a few days a week soon, so if they don't need me in the day then that's great.

So, is three or four breastfeeds a day, all at night, enough fluid for an 11 month old?

thisisyesterday Fri 23-Sep-11 09:11:14

that sounds absolutely fine to me!
i'd continue to offer water in a cup at mealtimes, just to get them used to the idea, and if they're thirsty they'll drink it.
but yeah, carry on as you are smile

HappyAsASandboy Sat 24-Sep-11 05:36:06

Thank you smile It just seems so odd for neither if them to drink all day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now