Talk

Advanced search

Let's pretend I have an average baby...

(5 Posts)
AllBellyandBoobs Thu 22-Sep-11 16:43:53

How many breast feeds a day will she be having when she's 8.5 months old?

I know this probably sounds ridiculous, but I'm getting married in 2.5 months time and so will be away from her (or trussed up in my relatively expensive dress and boob lifting underwear) for a whole day and night. She won't take expressed milk, and so far won't take formula. I'm worrying about this already and am considering trying to wean her off BM now so it's not an issue by the time of the wedding. I'm concerned she'll go hungry, and I'm concerned that I'll need to take time out to express and/or wear breast pads so I'm not leaking everywhere.

Are my worries completely unfounded? She's currently 6 months and is just moving towards 4 hourly feeds from every 3 hours. I hav no idea what to expect from her in a couple of months time.

RitaMorgan Thu 22-Sep-11 18:16:45

I think mine was having 4 in the day, and had just stopped feeding in the night at that age. He's still the same at 14 months actually.

Catslikehats Thu 22-Sep-11 18:25:25

My DC4 is 7mths and is having 4 "proper" feeds during the day although I do top her up as and "feed" for comfort.

Have you introduced solids? I found DD wouldn't take a bottle until she had started on solids - I guess it was a matter of getting used to something other than a nipple in her mouth.

If you are feeding up until your wedding you will in all likelihood need breast pads and to express to relieve discomfort during the day. I presume she will be present though so nothing to stop you stickeing her on the boob for a bit.

I was actually a bridesmaid when DC2 was 5 wks, the intention was to bottle feed but needs must and it was quite nice to have a few minutes out the day to share with him whilst he fed.

Good luck and have a lovely day.

AllBellyandBoobs Thu 22-Sep-11 19:45:49

Thank you both.

I have just started solids so I'll keep trying with the bottle. I've also got a doidy cup and tommee tip-it-up (or something like that) which she'll take small amounts of water from but so far no milk. I shall keep trying!

AngelDog Thu 22-Sep-11 21:26:30

DS had probably about 7 daytime feeds and 1-5 night time ones at that age.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now