Talk

Advanced search

hard boob :( help

(4 Posts)
pinkyp Wed 21-Sep-11 21:31:48

i keep getting lumpy boobs, they fineally go but then today one of my boobs is very very lumpy and swollen. I managed with hot press, shower, feeding, massarging and it seemed to be easing, 1hr later its really lumpy again, I've had mastitus 2 times b4 so dont want it again. Please help! DS is 10 months old and i feed on demand, is that the problem? should i cut down/how to cut down

kimberlina Wed 21-Sep-11 22:23:27

pinkyp - didnt want you to go unanswered tonight. Hopefully someone more knowledgable will be along soon.

I had a spate of lumpy boobs but at aroun 2-3 month and they are really horrid. You've done most thingsI'd do already. Have you tried paracetamol and ibuprofen? I put mine down to one particular bra and it doesnt seem to have happened since I binned that one. IS there any link with you?

Obviously you shouldnt cut down whilst the boob is actively lumpy. I found my last lumpy episode was when DD naturally cut out her mid afternoon feed. How often are you feeding? Do you want to reduce? Has DS started cutting out feeds? I think you'd need to go very slowly to avoid mastitis.

Good Luck

pinkyp Wed 21-Sep-11 23:38:24

Ds is cutting down on feeds but everyday is different he tends to snack on them throughtout the day (literally a min or 2) and will feed lots on a night so I do think he's trying to cut down. Will wait til boobs better b4 trying to cut down

organiccarrotcake Wed 21-Sep-11 23:57:28

pinky feeding on demand shouldn't be the problem - there is likely to be another cause.

As Kim says, maybe your bra? Keep feeding, feeding, feeding to clear the lumpyness - maybe express too if you need to.

Paracetamol and Ibu is good advice.

Getting to the bottom of the cause is what you're really needing, right? This might help: www.kellymom.com/store/handouts/concerns/mastitis.pdf

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now