Talk

Advanced search

Today has been the first day without a BF after 11 months - feeling a bit weird

(5 Posts)
kimberlina Mon 19-Sep-11 21:03:46

Feeling a bit strange - I've just put DD to bed without a BF first for the very first time. I wanted to stop as I'm back at work in a week and so decided today was the day (we were down to just one bedtime feed anyway) .... but it felt sooooo strange not to do a BF and to just put her down into her cot.

Surprisingly (and I suppose I should be pleased but actually I felt a slight twinge of shock ) she didn't seem to think anything of it!

Anyway it feels almost like the end of babyhood sad (10 months ago when tearing my hair out and sobbing over feeds I thought today would definitley be a grin day!!!!)

BenRoo Mon 19-Sep-11 21:38:42

Aww sending you a huge hug!
You've done SO well,you should be very proud of yourself and your LO.

I have a 10mo DS, who still feeds 4-5 times a day,sometimes I feel like I could go on and on bf'ing him but realistically would quite like your situation to happen to me wink

kimberlina Mon 19-Sep-11 21:50:14

Thank you. A bit of hand holding makes it seem better!

StuntCubble Mon 19-Sep-11 21:54:30

It's an odd feeling isn't it. I've just finished breastfeeding my last after nearly a year, I feel a twinge of sadness and also relief. It's been just over a month and I still go to breastfeed if baby is hurt or tired, baby gave me a look a mixture between bemusement, disgust and hilarity last time I tried

kimberlina Mon 19-Sep-11 22:28:57

Yes regret and relief sums it up exactly

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now