Talk

Advanced search

Glass bottles - recommendations?

(4 Posts)
xlatia Sat 17-Sep-11 15:07:02

I want to BF my little one but will go back to work soonish after birth, so my partner will take care of the baby. Now I'm wondering if anyone knows if there are glass bottles out there that can be used in combination with a breast pump? Is anyone freezing their milk in glass bottles?

Many thanks,
xlatia

IsItMeOr Sat 17-Sep-11 21:54:43

Nuk glass bottles seem to be pretty readily available and are well thought of.

The norm is to freeze milk in special bags (mothercare, boots, etc sell them), so that you don't have to have loads of bottles, and it takes up less freezer space if you have a stock of frozen milk.

The Medela Swing breast pump I had seemed like a decent one, but I personally just didn't produce enough milk to make it worth the effort. I've passed it on to a friend who seems happy with it.

Don't forget that you'll need to sterilise bottles when your baby is young. We had an electronic steriliser which was nice and easy to use. But that's one of the more expensive options.

Hope that helps smile. When's your baby due?

xlatia Sun 18-Sep-11 10:50:52

Thanks for the recommendations - and also for reminding me about sterilizing, duh! smile Good to know a brand that's readliy available, I wouldn't want to have to wait weeks for an online order to arrive after having smashed a bottle (of course I don't plan to do that, but I do have the proverbial butter fingers...).

My baby's due on the 15th of October, plenty of time to got out and find some - not grin. After having been to a couple of stores, my impression was that Tommee Tippee is kind of the Microsoft equivalent in bottle world, so will watch out more carefully next time.

IsItMeOr Sun 18-Sep-11 22:21:43

It's confusing, isn't it? We didn't buy any of these things in advance, so obviously ended up buying them in a panic at full Mothercare prices grin.

Luckily you can find most things online, so the main thing is probably your budget, as you can get decent enough things at lower prices if you need to.

I forgot to say, despite my being rubbish at expressing, DS is still bfing over 2 years later, so it's worth persevering if you want to.

Hope it all goes well for you next month and beyond smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now