Talk

Advanced search

Booze and expressing

(8 Posts)
funnylittlekaty Sat 17-Sep-11 11:21:52

Had a lovely night out last night with mum chums and drank probably just over half a bottle of wine, between 8.30 and 11. Got home and expressed 120ml. Is this alright for the little one? Dont want to have a pissed up baby! X

Zimm Sat 17-Sep-11 14:22:24

Yes - the alcohol transfer to milk is very little. I wouldn't do this regularly (I'm sure you don't) but as a one-off it's fine.

funnylittlekaty Sat 17-Sep-11 14:52:52

Great thank you! grin

hiss42 Sat 17-Sep-11 22:00:06

I went out for a drink (or quite a lot) last saturday night. Got in at 3 and expressed into the sink for comfort a few times and waited 24 hours to actually let him feed from me. He still had bad stomach the next day!
I wouldn't risk it personally! For the sake of one expressed feed!

hiss42 Sat 17-Sep-11 22:00:22

sorry I waited 12 hours! fed him at 3pm on sunday! x

organiccarrotcake Sat 17-Sep-11 22:57:47

Quite honestly, hiss42, for there have been enough alcohol in your system after 12 hours to have upset your baby's stomach you must have REALLY been going for it grin. I would be far more inclined to think that the two were unrelated, TBH.

BodyUnknown Sat 17-Sep-11 23:03:43

Nah, you need to ingest a hell of a lot of booze for it to transfer to milk hours later. I really doubt an occasional and moderate drinker need worry. Source - my lovely midwife.

Zimm Sun 18-Sep-11 13:12:56

Hiss24 - It is extremely unlikely any residual alcohol after 24 hours (you'd have to drunk over 2 bottles of wine for there to still be booze in your system then!) upset your baby's stomach - surely a coincidence.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now