Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

2 year old bf-ing: do I go cold turkey?

(3 Posts)
Mrstryingtohaveitall Fri 16-Sep-11 09:54:58

Hi,
Wonder if anybody can help. I have a 2 year old DD who I usually bf morning and evenings for about 10 minutes. It's mostly a comfort thing these days. I've had a bad cold for a week or so and during this time we've missed a few feeds and for the last 24 hours if she does fancy a feed my nipples are killing me and my breasts feel a bit engorged. I'm assuming this is my body trying to regulate the milk it's producing. However, I've been thinking about our feeds coming to an end for a while now (for a variety of reasons) and I'm wondering if this is a good time to stop.

Can anybody advise how I do this? Do I go cold turkey or just decrease very gradually? Will she be confused and upset? I feel clueless!

Thanks smile

rubyslippers Fri 16-Sep-11 09:57:25

I'd love to know!

My DD is 2 next month. I am ready to stop - she isn't

Am worried re cold turkey because of engorgement and possible mastitis plus trauma for her -

Mrstryingtohaveitall Fri 16-Sep-11 10:26:48

Good luck Rubyslippers! Sounds like we're in the same boat here... my boobs already killing me. Feels a bit like those newborn days...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now