Talk

Advanced search

5weeks pregnant & BF 10.5month old

(3 Posts)
Dozeyland Thu 15-Sep-11 10:16:39

Hello, this seems silly to ask.

but how does it all work when i have this next baby, will my milk stay like this or go back to the beginning when the baby is born, with colostrum obviously, but how will i manage this if DD is still wanting milk. (she only has morning, lunch and bedtime feed roughly and by the time DC is born she might of came off herself, or i weaned (?not sure yet) or still having an odd feed along with her food water ad cows milk?

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 15-Sep-11 11:01:23

Not really sure sorry Dozey but didn't want your post to go unanswered.

Congratulations on the pg. There are lots of MNers who continue to feed DC1 when DC2 arrives so hopefully someone will be along soon.

If you go along to your local LLL you can hopefully talk to some mums who tandem feed and they may even be able to lend you a book on it.

EauRouge Thu 15-Sep-11 12:04:27

Hi Dozey,

There's a pregnant and BF support thread here that you might find useful.

Your milk will be tailored for your youngest so you will get colostrum during the later stages of your pregnancy.

I would recommend buying or borrowing a copy of Adventures in Tandem Nursing which has all the info you'll need if you plan to carry on nursing or if you decide to stop. There is also some info on Kellymom.

I'm tandem feeding my girls (6mo and almost 3yo) and I really think BF has helped prevent sibling rivalry and too much upheaval for DD1.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now