Talk

Advanced search

Teething??? Advice needed!!

(5 Posts)
Mampig Wed 14-Sep-11 10:03:20

Help! I think my 12 wo is starting to teeth? Dribbling a lot and a bit grisly. He sometimes bites on my finger but thankfully not my boob so far!! My first dc cut his first tooth at 4 months so I'm pretty sure... Anyway need to know can I use teething gel on his gums- by this stage I was ff my other kids so never had to worry but I'm afraid that it might affect him feeding ( ebf)??? What can I do- oh and will he be all over the place with feeds?? Ta in advance x

Nevercan Wed 14-Sep-11 20:40:35

Yes teething gel never affected my dd1 when bf

Mampig Wed 14-Sep-11 21:30:06

Thank you!!! He's been so sore all day and i've been holding off... he's been finding latching a bit difficult today, hope he's not as bad as this for the duration!!

Nevercan Thu 15-Sep-11 08:30:49

It comes and goes but keep preservering. I feel for them when they are teething smile

cherub59 Thu 15-Sep-11 13:36:50

You can use teething gel after 3 months but don't do it too close to feeding as it can make their mouths a bit numb and harder to feed!
My ds2 got 2 teeth at 13 weeks, ds3 at 15 weeks and ds1 at 19 weeks so I know what it's like!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: