Talk

Advanced search

Weaning 27 mth old Ds starts tonight

(5 Posts)
mspotatochip Mon 12-Sep-11 17:33:03

We have tried to wait him out and gently reduce feeds but he is still waking 6+ times a night and I am at the end of my tether and my health is suffering. Had a long "chat" with him earlier and said neh is going away but ds will have hugs and a new water bottle and a trip to the toy shop. He seemed unbothered. Gone off with Daddy to get new water bottle. We will also have a stack of little cars as bribes / rewards. Be gentle we have tried every other approach...........

Kayano Mon 12-Sep-11 17:43:55

6 times a night?! Bloody well done you!

LaTristesse Mon 12-Sep-11 20:39:46

We were in a similar position, and to be honest his sleeping improved no end as soon as I stopped feeding him. He got used to it pretty quickly; a few minutes of grizzling, but I think in hindsight he was ready and I just hadn't recognized that. Good luck, you've done amazingly to have got as far as you have!

mspotatochip Tue 13-Sep-11 08:26:42

I'm in shock! So far so good. He was a bit grumbly settling and asked wheres neh? a lot. Gentle reminders that it was "gone to the little babies and you've got a new bottle and cars" went down well. I was very nervous about night waking but he clutched his little car had a drink of water and went back to sleep! Gave him a bigger car that we had hidden in cupboard this am and he's v proud of himself.

Now I can actually treat my poor spasmed back. Hope tonight goes as well

AngelDog Tue 13-Sep-11 12:48:47

Hooray - well done your DS. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now