Talk

Advanced search

How can I shift his night time sleep??

(6 Posts)
Mampig Mon 12-Sep-11 09:07:35

Ok. So da is now nearly 11 weeks. Has been having his biggest night sleep between 7 and 12. I thought of dreamfeeding around 11- my bed time but he still woke at 1 am fir feed. Any suggestions as to how to shift this sleep pattern to work fir me?? As we co- sleep I'm not too bothered but any suggestions would be good as I don't intend to co-sleep beyond a couple more months ( wishful thinking??!!!) ps he's ebf. Oh and - FOR Is what I meant!!!

Mampig Mon 12-Sep-11 09:08:51

And that should be ds!!!

lilham Mon 12-Sep-11 09:17:24

My DD was like that when she was that age. I remember how frustrating it was. Can't offer any suggestions other than it'll fix itself.

RitaMorgan Mon 12-Sep-11 09:25:45

Unfortunately I didn't manage to do it! My ds was sleeping 7pm-3am, I tried doing an 11pm dreamfeed but he still woke at 3am regardless. After a week or so I tried dropping the dreamfeed but by then I'd just trained him to wake at 11pm too!

He then continued with 11pm and 3am feeds until he was over 6 months and I managed to shift the 3am one towards the morning. Didn't manage to drop the dreamfeed til 8 months. When I have another baby I think I'll just leave well alone and let them extend their sleep themselves.

I stopped co-sleeping at 5 months btw and that month of having to get up at 3am to feed ds in his room almost killed me grin

peedieworky Mon 12-Sep-11 09:34:02

Same story here am afraid. Used to wake at 1130ish then 2am then 4am. Gradually, his 11.30pm feed started getting later (a b*gger actually, as DH used to give him a bottle for that while I got an early night) till it merged with the 2am feed and then the same happened for the 4am feed.. I never co-slept or fed lying down as somehow found that worse. Equally, I never managed to get back to sleep easily after feeds so was just a walking zombie for the first 3 months! DS currently sleeps through (for now!) but I still wake at 2am and 4am. Bl**dy body clock.....

Mampig Mon 12-Sep-11 09:49:37

Thanks for your replies!! Somehow I thought as much!!! I'll leave him alone then as I don't want to train him into an extra feed!!! Maybe some day I'll get a full nights sleephmm. Other suggestions welcome though....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now