Talk

Advanced search

Expressing now difficult

(1 Post)
mimmymouse Mon 12-Sep-11 08:28:06

Hello wise ones,

I have been expressing very efficiently and well since my baby was 2 weeks old, knowing that I was going to be working from 12 weeks - we wanted her to take EBM from a bottle when I was missing a feed.

However, she is now 9.5mths. Having 3 feeds per 24hrs, which seem to have excellent supply. But I am simply unable to get anything like the expressed amounts I used to get. I'm down from 4/5 oz per expression to 2oz if I'm lucky. This is difficult as my DD has a CMPA, so I've been using EBM on her cereal etc. The dietician supplied me with Nutramigen, which I am fairly certain DD detests as every time I've put it on her cereal (I've not given it to her as a "milk drink", using my stored EBM) she refuses to eat it.

Is this is a sign that expressing is no longer going to be possible? I'm absolutely gutted as I have been doing at the same time each day, using the same equipment etc. I know expressing isn't an accurate sign of supply - and as DD is sated after each BF, it would seem the supply is fine.

Is there anything else I can do? I expect I will have to find a formula she likes to feed her when I'm missing feeds and I run out of my stored EBM. But I'd like to be able to leave it for her.

Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now