Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

6 month old biting when feeding

(5 Posts)
hazchem Sun 11-Sep-11 10:34:51

Hi,

To be honest I've had a bit of a dream run with breast feeding so this this is hitting me a bit hard.

DS first 2 teeth arrived on bank holiday and since then he has started to bite me while feeding. the last 24 hours have been the worse and it's now happening at ever feed. It's quite painful.
I'm trying the push him close so he let's go approach which sort of helps but it's not stopping the initial biting.

Is this a latch problem? Am I feeding him to much?

I don't want to stop breast feeding.

Iggly Sun 11-Sep-11 13:17:45

Try pulling him close and saying "no" very firmly then takeoff and stop for a minute.

Also his top teeth are probably coming too hence biting. Try a bit of bonjella or rub hisgums to see if that helps?

eagerbeagle Sun 11-Sep-11 19:13:54

I had the same problem - I would unlatch DS when he did it which did reduce it a bit but the thing that solved it in the end was the time he caught me unawares with a particularly sharp nip (excuse the pun) and I jumped and shrieked like a banshee. Scared the wotsits out of DS and that was pretty much the end of the biting until he self weaned at 25 months.

hazchem Sun 11-Sep-11 19:56:18

thanks.
i'll give the teething gel ago.
i have been quite loud a couple of times but maybe not so loud. Maybe a couple of short sharp no's.

It's good to hear it's not the end. honestly the more i breastfeed and read about it the longer i want to continue. minus the pain of course

Jaxlily Tue 13-Sep-11 12:55:46

Ouch! My little one's first tooth popped out last week and I can feel the second one. Unfortunately, she is also a biter and its getting really painful. Am trying the "no" but not sure that its working:-(

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now