Talk

Advanced search

Bf and periods?

(10 Posts)
CardyMow Sat 10-Sep-11 01:30:18

I have bf all 4 of my dc. With DD, DS1, and DS2, my periods started again by the time they were 8 weeks old. With all 3.

Fast forward to now, DS3 is 7.5months - and still no period? Is that normal?? And if so, why is it so different to the other 3 ? Not that I'm complaining IYSWIM, I'm just worried that something might be, you know, wrong down there?

duchesse Sat 10-Sep-11 01:43:56

Mine came back after 12 months with the first one, 6 months with the second, roughly 11-12 months with the third, 12 months with the third. 7 months doesn't sound long to me!

I reckon it depends how the baby feeds. My second child only ever fed for 5-10 mn at a time, every 2-3 hours or so, the other spent longer per feed. Dunno if that makes a difference.

CardyMow Sat 10-Sep-11 01:48:30

OK, so my bits and pieces may NOT have dried up then? I'm only 30, so I was just finding it odd, and was too blush to ask anyone in RL. Especially as it's SO different this time. 5 weeks after DD was born, 6 weeks after DS1, and 8 weeks after DS2, so 7.5 months is forever !

CardyMow Sat 10-Sep-11 01:50:15

DS3 IS more of a booby monster than the other dc were though. He still feeds +++ through the night, where the others dropped down to 1/2 feed/s a night quite early.

duchesse Sat 10-Sep-11 01:51:07

Sounds perfectly normal to me! grin Some pple don't get periods until they actually stop bfding. Does the last one feed any differently?

duchesse Sat 10-Sep-11 01:51:54

Also, I was glad not to have to faff around with periods at this stage- far too many nappies to change as it was...

duchesse Sat 10-Sep-11 01:52:47

Soz- *12 months with the fourth. I don't have two third children, really.

CardyMow Sat 10-Sep-11 01:55:16

I guessed that! grin

CardyMow Sat 10-Sep-11 01:57:57

Plus, DS3 isn't really 'into' solids in the same way that the others were by this age. He is still growing fine, but he won't even take half a jar of babyfood at a meal before he is trying to latch on through my top hmm. Or if I give him finger foods (sandwich, toast, brocolli, carrots today), he just takes a few nibbles at it then is literally trying to grapple my boobs out of my bra. The others were eating 3 full meals by this age?

duchesse Sat 10-Sep-11 02:07:18

Sensible baby! Milk soo much better than that boring food...

Honestly though try not worry about it. DS was the earliest eater of mine, at 5.5 months. The girls got progressively later from there. DD3 was 11 mo before she'd eat anything. They all eat solids eventually and they can live on BM for a very (very) long time. All v healthy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now