Talk

Advanced search

Thrush - been given treatment for me but no for baby

(4 Posts)
bunkygirl Fri 09-Sep-11 20:03:53

I've been to Dr today and had very engorged and sore left boob and felt like glass being pulled thergh nipple when fed. Left definitely worse but right hurting a bit too. I've got one small white spot or each nipple. Baby kept pulling off the boobs overnight which is unusual for him. Also felt very achey all over but no raised temperature.

Thought I'd got mastitis due to the engorged boob and acheyness but when we went to Dr he said he thought it was more likely to be thrush, although didn't seem very sure. He gave me fluconazole and painkillers but gave nothing for ds. Ds wasn't with me at the time and doesn't have any white spots in his mouth but obviously don't want to give it him or pass it back between us. Should I get some cream for him or leave it to see if he develops any spots? Or will he get some of the benefit of the antibiotics through my milk?

curlykate99 Fri 09-Sep-11 20:07:15

White spots? Could it be a milk blister?

RitaMorgan Fri 09-Sep-11 20:30:15

If it is thrush, you'll both need treatment - but engorgement and a spot on each nipple doesn't sound very much like thrush. Have you or your ds taken anti-biotics recently which could have triggered thrush?

Might be worth getting a second opinion and exploring other possibilities like a milk blister.

twinklegreen Fri 09-Sep-11 20:59:00

this will tell you exactly what you and baby need to take for thrush, please print it and take with you to the doctor.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now