Talk

Advanced search

Leaving a EBF baby

(7 Posts)
hazchem Fri 09-Sep-11 16:44:02

So my dilema is this.
DS is 6 months breastfeeding on demand and doing BLW. I've never expressed or used a bottle with him. At the moment he has a sippy cup but isn't very good at using it.
I've signed up to a course at my surestart centre. it's 2 hours once a week and DS will be put in the creche for that time. in about a months time it will be two sessions a week.
So i'm wondering if i need to do something about the milk thing.
I'm wondering what is easiest and cheapest

i'm guessing my choices are:
learn to express
get some formula
teach him to use a bottle
teach him to better use the sippy cup so he could have milk in it

I'm intending to continue breastfeeding for a while yet and it's likely that i won't be returning to work.
any advice?

Eglu Fri 09-Sep-11 16:46:00

If it's only 2 hrs and he is 6 mths old can he not just be fed before and after. DD is only 10 weeks and can wait 3 hrs for a feed.

lilham Fri 09-Sep-11 16:46:54

Going to say the same thing. My DD is 5mo and can easily wait 4 hours for a feed. It'd be fine really.

Cosmosis Fri 09-Sep-11 16:47:31

For 2 hours once a week I don't think it's worth is it? If I were you I would deep on with the cup and they can offer water at the creche? Presumably it's on site as well so they can come and get you if really desperate? at 7m I'm sure your DS will be fine for 2 hours without milk.

hazchem Fri 09-Sep-11 16:56:57

I sort of thought I might be over thinking it.
It is on site and he does go for 2 hours at a time without a feed.
It's just you know I was in Boots and saw all the stuff and started to get a bit tense and unsure.

thanks

lilham Fri 09-Sep-11 18:29:43

Actually today I put DD in the creche for an hour for an exercise class. She wouldn't settle at all sad I think you might have more problem with separation than milk at this age.

hazchem Fri 09-Sep-11 20:27:13

I am worried about the separation but I figure we both have to get used to being apart at some point

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now