Talk

Advanced search

Would it be ridiculous to drop all feeds except the middle of the night?

(10 Posts)
marzipananimal Thu 08-Sep-11 15:36:25

DS has just turned 1 and I am toying with the idea of stopping bf soonish. He currently has a feed at about midday, bedtime and one (or occasionally two) in the night. I don't think it would be too hard to drop the midday and bedtime feeds but I really can't face the screaming if we tried to drop the night feed. Having just one middle-of-the-night feed does seem a bit odd though.
What do people think?

Cosmosis Thu 08-Sep-11 16:44:31

Why would it be ridiculous? If it works for you why not?

Harecare Thu 08-Sep-11 16:46:24

Personally I'd be more bothered about trying to drop the night feed. But do what you think is best for you.

Poledra Thu 08-Sep-11 16:48:04

Well, for DD3, I dropped all the feeds except the bedtime one, as she was a nightmare to settle without it. We kept on with that one feed for months. Do whatever suits you best (though I'd be desperate to get of the night feed too grin)

marzipananimal Thu 08-Sep-11 17:15:30

Yeah I would rather get rid of the night feed but don't think it will be easy and can't quite face the struggle yet.

I don't know cosmosis, it just would seem strange if his only feed was one he was barely aware of as he's mostly asleep

Cosmosis Fri 09-Sep-11 09:09:54

But the sleepy barely awake ones are so lovely and warm and nuzzly smile

marzipananimal Fri 09-Sep-11 11:47:08

That's true smile I am hoping one day though to get a whole night of unbroken sleep wink

Cosmosis Fri 09-Sep-11 11:53:05

sleep is overrated wink

marzipananimal Fri 09-Sep-11 12:48:31

nooooo I love sleep! I would sleep 12 hours a day if I had the opportunity cos I love it so much!

Yesmynameis Fri 09-Sep-11 12:52:21

10.5mo DD has been more inclined to drop daytime feeds in favour of keeping up a nighttime guzzle too. Hasn't really mattered what I've tried, she still likes her night feed the best smile

Lately, I did a little bit of nightweaning with her, as it had crept up to 2 nighttime feeds which wasn't really working for me. I thought I would share this, simply because actually, it really wasn't as bad as I thought to get it back down to one. Nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be, and I really feel like I'm back in control. So this has given me some confidence that when I feel the time is right we can drop the remaining night feed too, without it being too miserable.

But no, I don't think that keeping the middle of the night feed is ridiculous at all, not so long as you're happy to keep it for the time being.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now