Talk

Advanced search

night weaning - success stories please!

(5 Posts)
treehuggermum Thu 08-Sep-11 14:22:41

My DD is nearly 15m.o. We co-sleep and she has always woken every 3 hours or so. I dont want to pack up b.f'ing yet but i would like to get more uninterupted sleep, and possibly leave her with grandparents some evenings so we can go out once in a while, which means she'll need to learn to self settle i guess, as if i'm not there to feed her back to sleep she screams blue murder! I honestly cant imagine her self settling, and dont know how to go about trying. I def' dont want to leave her to cry either. Any ideas, anyone?

bumbums Thu 08-Sep-11 19:49:02

Do you want to continue co-sleeping? Cos I honestly think she'll need to move to her own room in order to solve this issue.

treehuggermum Thu 08-Sep-11 20:39:01

I love co sleeping, so does dd. I cant imagine her not wanting feeds in the night so wouldn't it be more hassle getting up out the bed through the night? Yes she needs to move on at some point, maybe to a bed or cot the other side of our room first..

marzipananimal Thu 08-Sep-11 20:43:25

dr jay gordon has a method for gently nightweaning older cosleeping babies. I have no experience of trying it (we don't cosleep and haven't tried night weaning yet) but it sounds like it could be good

treehuggermum Fri 09-Sep-11 16:59:41

Thanks that's a good article x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now