Talk

Advanced search

Shy about BF in public....can you recommend a BF sling/cover please??!

(9 Posts)
MyBunnyRabbit Wed 07-Sep-11 23:24:52

DD is 3 weeks, EBF but still finding latching a bot of a fiddle sometimes, especially if I miss her cues and she ends up fractious. I'm desperate to get out the house with her and want to become confident to feed out and about as i'm trying sooooo hard to commit to ebf for at least 4 months.

Which breastfeeding cover / sling should I buy to help me feed in public??

I have big boobs and its impossible to feed her without flashing flesh, especially as latching sometimes a fiddle!!

thanks in advance ladies!!
xx

pigletmania Wed 07-Sep-11 23:50:42

hi you could try this

www.bebeaulait.com/

lilham Thu 08-Sep-11 07:17:30

I have a bebe au lait for wearing dresses. Itt makes latching on more difficult. (but im sick of only wearing vest and tshirt combos) grin

Where are you thinking of going out to? If it's town a lot of shops have bf rooms. Places like John Lewis, mothercare, and even the mall itself. You can have a look online and see what facilities they have? This will give you more privacy than a cover.

Cyclebump Thu 08-Sep-11 07:22:29

I actually found the most useful thing was a breastfeeding top, rather than a specific cover. H&M do good tops that mean you don't have to uncover the top of your boob or your stomach, just the nipple itself. Wearing them means I only need a muslin and even if it slips DS's head covers the tiny bit of exposed flesh.

StuckUpTheFarawayTree Thu 08-Sep-11 07:26:11

I I have a bebe au lait that I got from eBay. I think it's amazing. DD is 10 months old and i still use it occasionally, depending where I am. It fits easily in my bag, and o can see her down the top of it. It ECM covers my flabby tum.

supergreenuk Thu 08-Sep-11 07:27:37

Yes I would say bebe au lait too. Plenty of coverage and you can see the baby and its not restricting. Everything is going to be a bit of a fiddle but I used a sling and that was way too complicated. I recommended the bebe au lait to my sister knowing I had problems with the sling and she loves it.

StewieGriffinsMom Thu 08-Sep-11 07:36:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

greeneone12 Thu 08-Sep-11 10:59:37

http://bebechic.co.uk/

organiccarrotcake Thu 08-Sep-11 13:01:10

Some people manage with just a muslin or light blanket instead of a specific cover, but I personally just used a nursing top when LO was tiny which covered me nicely (although not as much as a cover would).

You might consider practising in front of a mirror - you may be surprised at how covered you are. Either way, as your baby gets bigger and you get more practised together you'll probably find you don't feel the need for the cover for very long so maybe a second hand one is best.

Congratulations on your LO, and your successful BFing relationship smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now