Talk

Advanced search

Expressing in the car

(10 Posts)
Silverbells79 Wed 07-Sep-11 10:02:06

There's probably a really good reason not to do it, but that's why I'm on here as I can't think of one myself or find one on google. In a couple of weeks I have to leave my 5 month ebf ds for the day with some expressed milk (and a sitter!) - I'm going to a no children wedding. Due to timings, location, plan of day etc, it would work out best to express in the car travelling there as well as at the venue later on. My husband, who will be driving, has a car with leather seats (wipe clean!), and I can pump straight into storage bags and have a small cool box. If I wear something to cover my wedding outfit, what could go wrong? Genuine question! Anyone done this themself?

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 07-Sep-11 10:22:46

Can't you stop for a while silver and have a break from driving and pump?

If you are pumping on the way, I would be tempted to change into my outfit once I got there if that is possible. Having 4oz of bm all over your outfit isn't a good look smile

EauRouge Wed 07-Sep-11 11:13:07

There was a thread about this the other day. I think as long as you're not driving grin then you should be OK. I agree with changing when you get there. Stopping might be an easier option, I find I have to lean forward a bit when expressing and I don't know how comfortable and easy it would be in a car.

posterofawolef Wed 07-Sep-11 12:31:51

I actually get more out when I express in the car. I would make sure you cover up properly though, old BM is not on trend for this season. grin

sarahev Wed 07-Sep-11 12:35:15

I express in the car (exclusively expressing for DD 10 months) - usually sitting in the back with the baby while DH drives. Never had a problem or any spillage :-)

billgrangersrisotto Wed 07-Sep-11 12:37:47

Why would it be an issue (unless you were driving)? Just make sure you don't get BM on your nice clothes!

Emzar Wed 07-Sep-11 13:23:22

I've done it with no problems at all, sitting in the back seat. Got a couple of startled looks when other people glanced accross from other cars on the motorway. smile

I too have done it in the passenger seat no problem

Silverbells79 Wed 07-Sep-11 20:18:35

Cool thanks, I will definitely bear a change of clothes in mind!

YankNCock Thu 08-Sep-11 23:18:14

I've done it. Watch out for leering lorry drivers!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now