Talk

Advanced search

yesterday I walked around major tourist attraction BF'ing DD and no one knew!!!!

(13 Posts)
HipHopOpotomus Tue 06-Sep-11 18:11:04

<<ridiculously pleased emotcon>>

Just had to post how happy it made me to be able to feed DD while on the move. Not that I will be doing it all the time (great believer of putting my feet up when feeding), but very happy I've managed to BF in a sling. It was really comfy and worked really well.

DD2 is 4 months & it was the first time she really enjoyed being in the Ergo sling (we never got to grips with the baby insert). She wanted to feed, I pulled my top up, put the hood on & continued my tour of the old kitchens. DP didn't even know what we were up to until I told him.

smile

Debs75 Tue 06-Sep-11 18:21:06

Good for you. That is one of the best things about slings and breastfeeding. I have fed dd2 and 3 on the go many times and they always enjoyed it.

HipHopOpotomus Tue 06-Sep-11 20:55:29

I never managed it with DD1. Feel very happy I've managed it with DD2 and no doubt will do it again.

Now to figure out how to feed in the car ......

ShowOfHands Tue 06-Sep-11 20:57:43

I never managed it with dd. Fed for 3 years and had 8 million slings. Am going to try again this time. You've given me hope.

ShowOfHands Tue 06-Sep-11 20:58:35

I can feed in the car though by the cunning dangling of breasts over carseats...

Cies Tue 06-Sep-11 21:01:40

Well done. It's a great feeling when you know you can do it if needs be.

I fed my 20 month old ds while walking around a packed department store, and nobody could tell! A couple of people wondered if he wasn't a bit too big to be on my front, but everyone just assumed he was asleep. It was a connecta solarweave, with a cardigan on top to hide my bare sides where I had pulled my top up.

MockingbirdsNotForSale Tue 06-Sep-11 22:37:57

Well done! I walked round the Tate Modern feeding a 4 month old DD without a sling, just carrying her. No one seemed to notice.

organiccarrotcake Wed 07-Sep-11 13:47:48

HipHopOpotomus like ShowOfHands I've managed the boob dangling in the car thing but you need significantly sized boobs for obvious reasons grin. Err - not while I'm driving, obviously grin.

Fantastic, well done smile I loved feeding in a sling (DS2 is too big to now as he's back carried and even my boobs won't reach that far grin). Although I did once hear a story of an African lady (in Africa) who went into a cafe, was chatting to her friend, and when the toddler on her back started to grumble she "whopped out her boob" (LOL), DIPPED IT IN THE SUGAR POT and slung it over her shoulder for her toddler!!! Now this may well be an urban myth but having spent a good deal of time in Africa I've seen some a-may-zing and very "flexible" ways of feeding which I'd have been VERY proud to have achieved, so who knows!!!

Poley Tue 13-Sep-11 23:07:41

Ah fantastic, Id love that! Have been in 2 minds about buying a sling, have just bought a couple of breastfeeding tops on ebay to see how I get on with those (im very shy) x

pinkyp Wed 14-Sep-11 00:02:39

Pokey buy vest tops, put them under your normal tops then when you feed you pull your t.shirt up and vest down so there's hardly any gap. I've done this loads and no one knew! It's cheap too.

pinkyp Wed 14-Sep-11 00:03:00

Poley not pokey lol

HipHopOpotomus Thu 15-Sep-11 00:40:35

Very impressed with car feeding Boobies. Even if my boobs would stretch that far I can't fit into the tiny gap between the two carseats grin

<<< trots off to fill sugar bowl >>>

HipHopOpotomus Thu 15-Sep-11 00:43:02

I do the vest under tops too Poley, it works really well. Best of luck with the feeding smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now