Talk

Advanced search

Please can anyone recommend me a link to show me how to get a better latch?

(7 Posts)
Catsu Tue 06-Sep-11 07:27:18

Are there any video clips on you tube or elsewhere that are recommended to show how to hold or position the baby to get a good latch?
Dd is 2 weeks old and my left nipple is getting very sore. That side is bigger, I have big boobs anyway and I think that's making it trickier.
Thanks

YougreatPamplemousse Tue 06-Sep-11 07:30:55

This is the one we use at our local BF group

Joycey29 Tue 06-Sep-11 07:33:28

No link - but I had a similar issue and was told to move baby further over so nose to nipple happened without me holding the breast. This worked for me.....

( that makes my boobs sound really wonky!)blush

MigGril Tue 06-Sep-11 20:16:51

This is a really good one www.nbci.ca/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=6&Itemid=13

I was going to try and explaine but I'm not good with words watch the video. Oh and try to find your local BF group if you have one, go along and get some more one to one help with latch.

Good luck.

planetpotty Tue 06-Sep-11 20:20:58

Go on You Tube and search for latching on and there are some really really good videos (you have to see through the corny americaness).

I have big boobs and also found latch on hard (actually turned out to be tongue tie that was giving me the real probs though).

RufflesKerfluffles Tue 06-Sep-11 22:58:01

You might find exaggerated attachment, page 10 in this leaflet useful.

Catsu Fri 09-Sep-11 08:48:49

Thank you everyone, am still trying to get it right but am getting there I think!
The exaggerated attachment page was massively helpful, thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now