Talk

Advanced search

"That's Life" magazine

(4 Posts)
EauRouge Sat 03-Sep-11 12:59:48

I'm sure that it's not one of the most read magazines on Mumsnet but if you're on Facebook then I'm sure you've heard about the latest edition. Make sure you don't have a mouthful of tea before you read the main headline. The mother in the story is apparently very pissed off as she knows that it was her other health conditions that caused her infertility, not breastfeeding.

I'm not sure how the PCC works, do you need to have been affected personally to complain about something? Anyway, their website is here if you want to contact them.

There's no link on the That's Life website to email the editor directly, only one to submit your own story. If anyone knows how to contact the editor, please can you post her/his email so we can email some evidence, information and words of wisdom wink

BoastingByStealth Sat 03-Sep-11 14:46:41

Well I'm not going out to buy it just to read that article! grin

I saw also this on FB through a pro breastfeeding group.

I'm sure you could complain about ANY misleading article without it having affected personally.

They should be forced to print a retraction and apology.

HarrietJones Sat 03-Sep-11 16:43:31

I saw it on FB too but not prepared to buy it.

QueenofJacksDreams Sat 03-Sep-11 16:51:16

I've got the magazine in front of me blush Was just ranting to DH about it as its fairly obvious right from the start that breast feeding had nothing to do with her anorexia

"The weight loss was like a drug. And from then on, I was in full self destruct mode. Despite being a mum to a beautiful baby all I cared about was losing weight. Soon, I was exsisting on just 500 calories a day. A cup of watery porridge and two rice cakes were just enough to fuel my breast milk but there was no energy left over for me"

The part that really grates though is this "But in my heart I knew the brutal truth. My over-the-top breastfeeding had made me so emaciated I'd almost certainly been left infertile"

Its lazy poor journalism, just shock stories to sell magazines that end up damaging breast feeding for generations.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now