Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Double checking drug is ok for use when BFing

(6 Posts)
KD0706 Fri 02-Sep-11 17:42:43

I've been prescribed buccastem 3mg buccal tablets (3per day) for excessive 'morning' sickness

I asked doctor if they were ok to take while BFing my DD and he checked his book and said it wasn't suitable for chronic treatment but he thought the 2.5 week course he'd prescribed would be fine.

I thought from previous threads here that there's a well respected website which tells you what's safe to take while feeding. Any tips? I havetried googling but just wasnt sure what was trustworthy

Thanks

thisisyesterday Fri 02-Sep-11 17:43:46

breastfeeding network site

KD0706 Fri 02-Sep-11 18:04:24

Thank you thisisyesterday I couldn't find specific into about that drug on the website so have emailed them.

tiktok Fri 02-Sep-11 18:36:45

toxnet.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/sis/htmlgen?LACT is another good source of info, which you can share with your doc.

KD0706 Fri 02-Sep-11 19:19:01

Thank you also tiktok
I looked up on that website and it said short term use was ok.

KD0706 Fri 16-Sep-11 23:15:43

Just thought I'd pop back and update in case anybody is searching for this later.
I got a lovely email from the bfn pharmacist who said she was totally happy for me to take the drug. DD is sixteen months old and the pharmacist said if DD had been a younger baby then she might have worried about it making DD drowsy but that at her age it was totally ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now