Talk

Advanced search

advice on introducing breakfast

(8 Posts)
reastie Fri 02-Sep-11 08:30:02

DD is 6mo and weaning has slowly been underway for a few weeks. She currently has lunch and dinner but I want to intro bfast. I bf and hope to continue this as long as possible with eventually one feed first thing in the morning and the other in eve. With this in mind, when do I intro breakfast meal? Is it done straight after the first feed of the day? do I wait for the milk to be digested a bit first and then give bfast? Prob a simple q but I'm clueless confused

BikeRunSki Fri 02-Sep-11 08:34:53

I think you just have to try and see. That's what I did I think.

hazchem Fri 02-Sep-11 08:39:13

i can tell you what works for us.
have morning cuddle and bf in bed about 6:30. then get up and either DP or i make breakfast.
We all sit and have breakfast together about 7.30
DS has a variation on what we have for breakfast. although DP felt cucumber was a less messy choice then porrage this morning. no don't ask me?

MaMattoo Fri 02-Sep-11 08:51:46

I would say get the edge off the hunger with milk and then within an hour give some breakfast. That worked for my 15mo DS and we still do that as I give him cereal in fruit puree as he drinks his milk before.

reastie Fri 02-Sep-11 14:23:25

thanks guys, think i might try to an hour after first milk then and see how it goes

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 03-Sep-11 10:13:24

Sounds pretty much what we did too reastie. Ours both liked Ready Brek with fruit in or just fruit and toast.

Yesmynameis Sun 04-Sep-11 12:33:07

My DD has a bf early doors, and then by the time we've done teeth brushing etc, had some play time, come downstairs and I've got brekky together, about an hour has usually passed.

JessieEssex Mon 05-Sep-11 08:35:59

Same here - my DD is 12mo and she has a bf in bed with me first thing (about 7) and then breakfast (weetabix, more milk and banana) at 8. We've been doing this since she started solids and it's worked really well. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now