Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Any tips for feeding a baby with a cold & bunged up nose, please!

(5 Posts)
FerretMum Tue 30-Aug-11 13:53:12

My 3 mo DD is all bunged up :-( I 've been using a saline nasal spray and karvol capsules but she is struggling at times... Any suggestions most welcome!

MadamDeathstare Tue 30-Aug-11 13:54:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CharCharGabor Tue 30-Aug-11 13:55:36

Ah, it's rubbish when they're all bunged up isn't it! Some things which can help are feeding in a steamy room and also squirting breast milk up their nose, if you're breastfeeding that is. I always found that worked a little better than saline for me. Feeding in a slightly more upright position sometimes helps too. Hope she's feeling better soon smile

MadamDeathstare Tue 30-Aug-11 13:57:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FerretMum Tue 30-Aug-11 14:19:32

Thanks Madam, I had my eye on something similar in Boots, just hadn't got one in when this cold struck... It's def on my shopping list now!

Have just hoikked a big fat bogey out of one nostril with the corner of a sheet of kitchen paper! Must've done the trick for now as she's had a good feed and is sleeping all snoogled up beside me... Ahhh! Never realised nose picking could be so satisfying!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now