Talk

Advanced search

How to open cartons of formula on a plane?

(8 Posts)
tigerbear Tue 30-Aug-11 13:20:13

How do you do it without scissors?
I'll be buying cartons of Aptamil after security at Stansted to take on a flight to Spain but not sure if you're allowed to take baby scissors on a flight to open them. Anyone know?

AMumInScotland Tue 30-Aug-11 13:30:30

You can get things like this opener which you just spike into the carton and pour through - it's just a piece of plastic so I don't think anyone would have any security issues with it.

tigerbear Tue 30-Aug-11 13:48:24

Thanks AMum however I'm flying tomorrow so wouldn't have time to order one of those - good to bear in mind for next time though.

okiecokie Tue 30-Aug-11 13:57:44

Just tear it?

SoundTheOctoalert Tue 30-Aug-11 13:59:23

Tear it, use your teeth, or ask an air steward if they have any scissors they could cut it with? I have used my teeth many times, just be warned it's horrisble if you accidentally get some int your mouth when doing s!!

diggingintheribs Tue 30-Aug-11 14:05:08

crew will have scissors

we always took baby nail scissors (rounded ends) - not sure they're even metal. never asked once and I've flown a good 20 trips with them

diggingintheribs Tue 30-Aug-11 14:06:23

also, when we went through heathrow a few weeks back i had 3 packets of formula and some baby food - 6 in total - they made me taste 2 so i put a carton in a bottle then

tigerbear Tue 30-Aug-11 14:16:00

Oh good, will take baby nail scissors then and it's not the end of the world if they get confiscated. Only want to use teeth or tear as a last resort - using teeth doesn't seem very hygienic and tearing the carton might be a bit messy. Even using the scissors on them, sometimes the milk pours out everywhere - don't want to end up spraying my fellow passengers!

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now